Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fear, Writing and the Ganges

coyright2011 Danise Codekas

All is connected...no one thing can change by itself.--Paul Hawken

There are still miracles, shamans, faith, creativity. I have the knowledge that spiritual, psychic, alternative realities and supernatural powers are occurring and influencing us, at all times.

If you seek a deeply creative, powerful and life-changing event that will show you the pathway to your soul, go to those places, in the world, that are still protected and honored by the indigenous peoples and healers, on this planet.

Those, like myself, who constantly seek spirit andchimney_rock_ghost_ranch2 understand the power of universal consciousness, as we march toward the end of the Mayan, Aztec, Hopi and Hebrew calendars from 2011-2013, are heading to those places now, like Chimney Rock, NM.

We are burrowing into places that hold the energy of healing on earth, and enable the clearing of mind and body, in order for us to access higher levels of conscious awareness, without the infiltration of negative, world mind sets.

 

When I was in Santa Fe, I met a Hopi jeweler on the square, by the name of Chimney Rock. He made an incredible silver, turquoise and Peruvian, spiny oyster shell ring for me. After being in Chimney Rock, then meeting Chimney Rock, how could I not accept his ring? chimney_rock_ghost_ranch3

It was one of the those meetings, where I knew we were pulled together, in order to jump start, a new part of my journey, maybe his too.

 

 

 

It was an  illuminate moment, for me. Since I do not believe in coincidence, my journeys and encounters are part of my soul search, here on earth. I had to accept his gift, of his art.

My friend, Bonnie, wrote me today and wanted to know how far my book was along. I was baffled and also fearful of appearing Less Than, and my explanation, that the book is still not done, made me realize,   that some part of my path on the journey, to complete it, was still being walked now. Perhaps overcoming fear is part of the lesson. It has been a week of Fear stalking me, via my bank account. It is, also, I realize more than that, alone.

Art is like that, since to assign a time for IT to be done, is to deny my soul’s collaboration with my creation, across a laptop’s screen. It is not going to be done, until the information needed for my soul to complete it arrives, and is acknowledged, and my fear of writing the words, about things, that are private now, has to be let go of for my sake and the book’s completion. 

Sometimes, I create things, like my oil paintings, and hide them from the world. Yes, I oil paint. Painting is unlike anything else, that I do, like dancing, playing music, swimming, or writing.

Another part of the body moves, and the mind throws itself into a super heightened state of awareness. The shapes and colors that arise express me, at the moment of creation. When I look at my creations, completed, I look at something, seeing myself, in a new form. Unexplainable, yet present.

When I was in Calcutta, I felt unlike myself, the first few days, I was there. My second trip there to the Black Hole of India. It is called that by India Nationals because it is their example of the poorest, large city on the sub-continent. It also memorializes the people who died in the Black Hole cell, after the capture of Fort William in 1756.

Then, I went swimming in the Ganges.

slums calcuttaA few days later, I found myself in the slums along the river.

As I go through life, I see  a choice to accept  life, as it is, or lie to myself, about what it is not, until I experience my true light, again. victoria memorial calcutta

 

Seeing the Victoria Memorial, the juxtaposition of it against the slums, on the same river, brought me back to center, recognizing beauty and grandeur, in the world.

Forgetting the beauty, after feeling the sorrow about those in the slums, beget a realization, that bringing wisdom, bestowing kindness,  and creating beauty in the world, is what we need to do before we leave it behind.

Some bestow it on us, through their art, architecture, music and words, others through their work helping those who are poor, ill, or dying, as this man dying on the streets, in Calcutta.

dying man calcuttaTake a  walk to Mother Teresa’s Memorial, after,  and get a sense of calmness, again, if you need it. 

I believe it is important to maintain respect for my body. Without it, walking through the world is impossible.

A man, who journeyed with us, in Calcutta, would never eat anything served from street vendors.

Buying fruits from them, he would never do, and he reminded us, of the danger of disease that may be attached to it. We ignored him. There is nothing more enjoyable than a freshly made glass of coconut milk, poured from the hands of a street vendor in Calcutta.fruit vendor calcutta

Or, a glass of fresh orange juice, pounded across wooden slats, by a woman who had oranges to offer me, in the sweltering heat. If there is a memory of sweet, orange juice to be carried through my life, it will be the orange juice of Calcutta, by blocking out the fearful lectures of a fellow traveler. 

Sometimes, I forget to be grateful for these things of the earth. The strangers and animals, who spend time with me, on earth’s journey. I am grateful for my experiences and being here, writing this, now.

Perhaps, more than ever, in the ever dwindling Puget Sound daylight, veiled by Japanese , nuclear meltdown sunsets.

If you want to make peace with that which is challenging you, I offer one of my favorite groups: The Center for Non-Violent Communication: https://www.cnvc.org/

One of my favorite people on this planet is Pema Chödrön. I have spent time with her, reading her books, listening to lectures. If you ever have the inclination to go to Nova Scotia, visit Gampo Abbey, her home. http://www.gampoabbey.org/

Should you be so inclined, read her book, Smile at Fear. http://www.shambhala.org/teachers/pema/index.php 

Here is a story, about facing Fear, from her book, When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times.

"Once there was a young warrior. Her teacher told her that she had to do battle with fear. She didn’t want to do that. It seemed too aggressive; it was scary; it seemed unfriendly. But the teacher said she had to do it and gave her the instructions for the battle. The day arrived. The student warrior stood on one side, and fear stood on the other.

The warrior was feeling very small, and fear was looking big and wrathful. They both had their weapons.

The young warrior roused herself and went toward fear, prostrated three times, and asked, "May I have permission to go into battle with you?" Fear said, "Thank you for showing me so much respect that you ask permission."

Then the young warrior said, "How can I defeat you?" Fear replied, "My weapons are that I talk fast, and I get very close to your face.

Then you get completely unnerved, and you do whatever I say. If you don’t do what I tell you, I have no power. You can listen to me, and you can have respect for me. You can even be convinced by me. But if you don’t do what I say, I have no power."

In that way, the student warrior learned how to defeat fear. "
-
Pema Chödrön (When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times)

No comments: