Sunday, March 27, 2011

A New Beginning

copyright 2011 Danise Codekas

It has been a hell of a week. Some crazy things happening for me that are causing a bit a stress. Stress forces me to sit down and ponder, for about an hour. Then, get outside for a drive and do something else.

I listened to the Dalai Lama talk about meditation to a group of world class soccer players, and posted it on the blog, a few days ago. It always is a good thing to remember the tools I have, when things start to go awry. It is going to be a challenging month, this April, however, by Easter, my life should be a bit more in balance.

You have the same things going on in your life. Mirror images, we are now, as life’s surprises and the fruits of actions past, catch up. I had to let go of some habits, these past few weeks, and this stemmed from my decision to also begin to question what it is in my life that I really need.

Once the cleansing, cleaning, down sizing mentality begins to take hold, the parts around your life, that you were not looking at, also stand up for acknowledgement, and in my case, I really did not like them doing it.

This is a money issue for me. You know that one, I am sure and if you have engendered balance in that area of your life, then you are a lucky and wise person. I was once like you and then everything changed, in order for me to understand how tenuous life is, and what is it that is really important for me, now.

No, I know some of those things, however, I also realize this is the beginning of even bigger changes for me. It is like a thousand little earthquakes, shaking me up, everyday. Reminding me that change is here and I should just get my coat on, and be ready to move along where the next indicated thing is landing.

I like this quote from an old Tibetan monk of the 8th century: When tragedy comes, if there is something you can do to balance it, then do what you can; however, if it so great, that nothing can be done, then accept it.

My monkey mind races around the room, trying to find a resolution, and the bits and pieces that can help some are there, however, in the end, there are many things that I do not have, so I accept what has to be let go. Why make myself crazy. If I do not have that which is needed, to remedy the situation, I would be foolish to beat my head, and cause more pain and suffering. Accepting it, eases the stress.

My front door faces West-South West and there before me is Japan’s east coast. There are a half million people, tonight, in shelters without their internet provider, their cars, their beds, their tea pots, or their clothes, their houses or stores. Everything they had is gone.

Someday, in the future, they will have a new teapot and a bed, and internet and TV. But now, tonight, with the little they have, they are alive and are going to move forward in the months and years, to come aright, and be well, again.

This messy, challenge, I have created will also be appeased by the realization that I screwed up, and the actions I take to remedy it, will be the best I can come up with, with what I am able to do.

I shall give it my best effort, and know that the universe is a miraculous place, and there are angels and humans and animals that have hearts, who I can turn to, in my dark times. I have great faith in the universal consciousness, for some reason that stems, from the fact, that I am still here, alive, with food, shelter and a mind that has not lost its ability to reason or recognize truth or love.

I was listening to Fox Elipsus sing today, and I posted his song, on the blog earlier, and on my Facebook page. There is a line in his song, Nowhere Left to Run, http://youtu.be/OmBQqLs6cAQ , where he says more people in the world pray to win the lottery every day, then they do for those who are suffering.

In my case, this weekend, I would have to agree. However, after watching his video again, I realized the hubris of my imaginations and prayers. There is no excuse to think that money is the thing that will solve my problems. The only thing that will solve my problems is going out into the world, knowing I will be led to that which is best for my spiritual evolvement.

That is what I am doing here, that is why I came here this lifetime. To evolve into something greater than I was yesterday, or 10 years ago. Wisdom does not come from fear, but from actions taken, which do not stem from fear. That is how we feed a half million people in shelters in Japan. Fearlessly walking into hell and knowing it too shall pass, as we head toward a new beginning.

No comments: