Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New Times, Ancient Places

Seems that the day has taken on a whole new energy, now that my birthday looms, tomorrow, September 9. One thing that I love about my birth-daze is that the energy of the day inspires me, especially at 5:35pm, my birth time on the East Coast.

Today is the first day of good Fall rains, above the Puget Sound. Cool weather, grass green again, squirrels gathering for a snowy winter, as predicted by me.copyright2010Codekas I harvested about 120 lbs. of apples, with more trees about to yield  organic, sweet apples, and pear trees are dropping their bounty, too. The plums are holding out for a few more weeks. The deer and rabbits are enjoying apple fiestas, and a new baby deer, arrived with his parents, this afternoon, for a late lunch.

In honor of my birthday, I have decided a combined birthday and Christmas/New Year's present was due. So, I am heading to the Villas Arqueologicas in Chichen Itza and Coba for a few weeks beginning the week of December 19th. chichenitza1Oh, yah!

It is time to meet Mayan teachers, again,  so I have buckled to my soul's call, to head back into the wild Mayan jungle world. I shall be standing on the pyramid, at Chichen Itza, for the Winter Solstice, enjoying the moment in time, with others, as the heavens move into alignment, for the renewal of energies and planets. Afterwards, I will dine at my lovely hotel, with new friends, should we discover one another.   chichenitza2

The training I received in the interpretation of the Mayan Calendar and Glyphs, 10 years ago, involved a serious effort on my part to understand what the return of Quetzalcoatl, in December 2012, will signify, and the significance of the Mayan 7th world ending as the 8th begins a new cosmic energy pattern. The information assimilated into my own life's processions and directions, eventfully. 

I am looking forward to swimming in the cenotes, in the areas around Chichen Itza and Coba,chichanitza3 and look forward to meeting the elders, one of whom is an incredible curandero (healer), and another, who will, interpret my astrological chart, according to the Mayan system, with a translator.

 

The visit to Coba, which is the least explored and excavated sites in Maya land, is significant as being home to the oldest recorded Mayan date on a Stela (carved stone). The date is around 600AD.

mayan calendar stone-coba

The site also contains information which allowed decoding of  the Mayan calendar and its secrets. The counting of the cycles begins at 14-16 million years.

The cycles are based on an evolutionary creation which took place 16,861,000,000 years ago.  The year 2012 represents the end of the 7th cycle and beginning of the 8th, which takes us from the planetary to the galactic cycle. There are nine cycles.

coba1

Coba is also home to the only Mayan pyramid with rounded corners.

Nohoch Mul is the tallest pyramid in the Yucatan peninsula. It is 12 stories tall and has 120 steps to the top.

 

 

 

During the ascent, of the 120 steps, I will go through the 13 levels of heaven, in accordance with Mayan myths.The Coba archaeological zone has many buildings still covered by jungle, and Coba is over 80 sq. miles with 5 lakes. 

coba5But from the top, of the pyramid, you can view a magnificent span of jungle with the tops of other ruins reaching above the jungle canopy.

coba4The roads built from Coba throughout the Mayan empire, still exist. I wonder if I should bring a bag of bread crumbs to find my way home.

So happy travels to all my friends, and remember how wonderful are the adventures, we have available to us, on this planet.

No comments: