Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Birthday Ruminations

© 2011 Danise Codekas

“God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me.” ~Author Unknown

The gathering of the tribes is taking place as I type this evening. It is peaceful here at my favorite cafe, FORZA, in DuPont, WA. Love the music they play and at 6pm there is no one here except me, looking out over a park, and a new building project which will block the view of the forest that winds down to the Puget Sound.

Time to change locations, mayhap. One thing I have noticed over the birthday weekend, and sitting under this September full moon, many of us are un-plugging from old ways, old friends, and people we no longer vibrate to emotionally, psychically or spiritually. We are nomads, many of us, unplugging from the old tribe, and wandering the earth, city, or mountaintops and oceans, connecting with the new tribe that sustains our personal mission, beliefs and ideals.

People we no longer have to explain where our hearts or heads are at, let alone, hide our true selves from any longer. False images of ourselves no longer need to be used since the people we used them on, in order to maintain a semblance of communication, are being left behind, blessed and spinning off to their tribes, who they are most comfortable with, also.

The final goodbye’s we speak, silently, are not forever, since we could end up in a next life, or meeting up with them at a dinner party, or an awards event. However, we have un-plugged from them emotionally, and in doing so, our hearts are  lighter, lesson learned, and blessing placed on wherever their hearts lead them.

The realization, for me, this birthday weekend, happened unexpectedly, however recognizing what was happening with the people I interacted with, was swift, gratefully acknowledged, and, best of all, their was no sadness. Just a realization that the relationships had run their course, and we all had accomplished as much as we could together, this lifetime.

I was complete and whole. They, also, complete and whole. Realizing our energies and paths were headed in new directions, based on free will, and what it was our souls needed now, brought joy and gratefulness, once the realization that our paths had diverged, clarified before me.

The universe sent me a great birthday present, as these 6 people, from different places, and walks of life passed time with me, and we said goodbye, in our heart, after recognizing our differences. For the short time, we spent interacting with one another, over the years, the experiences we shared, it is time for me to move on.

“There is a certain relief in change, even though it be from bad to worse!  As I have often found in travelling in a stagecoach, that it is often a comfort to shift one's position, and be bruised in a new place.”  ~Washington Irving

The agreements we made to spend time together, to learn from one another, to see myself through their eyes, are unbound, and I walked away from all these people with reverence in my heart, gratefulness, and knowledge that the time of our journey together had come to an end.

The structure of our relationships had changed, and perhaps, they had noted it earlier, than I. However, I understood what was happening and reacted with calmness, peace and turned to face the new friends I would meet, the next adventure which would arise before me.

I go on, knowing that I am not the woman I was, when we met across the years. Nor are they.  The veils have lifted for me. seeing people and situations clearly, knowing that only the ones that call to my heart, touch my heart will be the ones I am led to, play with, heed, and build the new paradigm of my life.

The new beginning and it is also all starting up for me in my first house, in the sign of Virgo. 9/9 was an amazing birthday and the old energy which no longer serves is slowly returning to sea, as the new energy wave comes crashing into my life. I am so grateful.

Saturday, 17th, my yearly reading, with astrologer, Steve Nelson, in North Carolina, will take place. Steve seems to think this is going to be one incredible, knockout of a year for me. He has never been wrong in all these years.

The foolish acts, which lead me to dig a little deeper into the why’s and wherefores, hopefully, will be understood, in this paradigm I am creating with every breath, and this full moon above me, here in DuPont, and above you on another continent, brings wisdom, awareness and change. Another day past, and, hopefully, another to come. Enjoy your time on earth. Fill it with those who understand you, and what it is you came to share with us, this lifetime. Do not spend it with those whose teachings and actions no longer inspire, fulfill you, or inspire you. Do not be fooled by false promises of love or gold. When you find it, see it, know it, grab it, follow it, tell it you are with it for a while. Fly with it.

“All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. “ ~Anatole France

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Life is a journey with stops in many ports. As we progress through life, we sail on to new ports and adventures. In each port we meet the people who help us in that phase of our journey. Remember them with fondness for the guidance and experiences we shared.

As with you, I am closing chapters of my life with my good-byes. I am enjoying the research to begin the next step. Have some more baggage to unload when I head east next month. Make the changes on your schedule, not someone else's.

Danise Codekas said...

So, true , Bonnie. let's get together before you head into the next paradigm, hopefully, in Italian.