Saturday, April 24, 2010

Black Holes Filled With Lappert's Ice Cream

A few weeks ago I was sitting in my car, about to get out and grab some of my favorite Thai Green Curry with Tofu, when the cell phone rang. It was a blocked call. A man asked me if I was selling a Hyundai. I told him, "No, you must have the wrong number." Then he repeated my cell number and asked me if that was the number. Told him it was but I wasn't selling a Hyundai. Then he said, "but this is (and repeated my number again)?. For some reason I felt there was something more going on than someone looking for a Hyundai. I then told him he had reached the Fort Lewis Security Office and it was a secure line.Said that my line must have been compromised and would need to check it out. He sounded upset it was not me, as if he had my phone number and wanted it to be me. At some point we said good by.

The clarity of his microphone is what impressed me. Crystal clear sound as if it was from a sound booth in a recording studio. He had a wonderful voice and my mind raced trying to figure out why I had this very strong sense that he knew me, or had met me briefly,  and was trying to find something out about me before getting up the nerve to tell me who he was, that day. 

Yes, he could have been looking for a Hyundai, however my Agatha Christie-murder mystery -mind clicked in and I wondered why would he call to buy a car and block his phone number? Don't you want people to call you back, if the car is still available? No, I do not own a Hyundai.
I should have asked him where he saw the ad.  Darn.

The call came in at 12:30pm and I was hungry. When I see a blocked number the first thing I wonder is if the caller's first, second and third chakras are blocked. 

If you're afraid of me finding out who you are, then you are afraid of me, right? 
Why? Are you someone I met? I'd just returned from a few days in So. Cal and tried to think of anyone I gave my number to down there. No one, except the car rental company and Paris Hilton's daddy's company.



I wanted to ask him if I sounded like a woman who would drive a Hyundai. I am just not that type of woman. No offense to you Hyund-aid Humans, however I need my all-wheel drive with 5 star safety rating. I had a head-on car accident a while back, and I like to have some steel around me and some power at the pedal.

Dear Mr.Blocked if you need to protect your privacy and do not want to be open with me, please do not expect me to respond openly, while you keep your 5th grade game going on.   

Delving into all the possibilities of who that man is and the purpose of the call has intrigued me since March 4. Wish I knew what it was all about since it all seemed a bit furtive, based on his surprised reaction that my number was a secure line at a military base. 

Hmm, maybe he is AWOL from the armed forces. WOW ;) Shall I continue making scenarios and put together a 30 minute, TV Mystery script? I could at this point. I love mysteries especially with my imagination. It has been fun the past few weeks trying to piece it all together. I know for a fact Hercule Poirot and Sherlock Holmes could definitely figure it out. Miss Marple would have it down in a few hours, too. Maybe I will write a murder mystery this weekend about it. Isn't life fun when a stranger calls and the imagination goes wild? Thank you for calling, Mr. Blocked. I wish you would call back and tell me what it was all about. You have my number ;)


He did create some negative karma for himself, by making me worry because the fuel for my curiosity, inane as you may think, stems from the Monday I returned from California, 3 days before he called. My bank let me know that one of their merchant's computers and POS equipment (Point-Of-Sale) had been stolen in a burglary, and my credit card was one of the numbers compromised. I canceled the card and waited 14 days, until the new one was issued. The FBI and state police were involved so it was a big deal.

So,  if you are reading this, Mr. Blocked, I thought you could have been the burglar. 
You did have an incredible voice. The clarity of your cell microphone, led me to believe it was professional voice software that is how crystal clear the transmission was on the phone. 

So, because you are living in such fear of either people finding out you have a secret desire to own a Hyundai, and are turning in your manly, double-cab pick up truck, with flaps with those shiny naked girls on them, or, you wanted to talk to me and I threw you for a loop, I am attaching a couple pictures of Kauai, which is where you need to go and get a lomi-lomi massage, drive up to Hanapepe to Lappert's ice cream factory and eat some, 
then head down to the beach, stretch out on a lounge chair, pull your hat over eyes, and get some rest, dude. 


As Deepak says, "Black holes are healed by filling them with spirit.
Despite their terror, black holes are just lack of love." 
Here's a hug, Blocked Man. Run into the ocean and release.












No comments: